Green Achiever Registration
Registered ID: GAR 762
Registered Green Achiever: 23/02/2009
Green Achiever Silver Award: 11/03/2010
Green Achiever Gold Award: 22/03/2011
Green Achiever Status:
Award Date: 31/03/2011
How Can We Help You Ltd are quality Eco Caterers that offer a wide range of event management services that tailor all hospitality and catering requirements from private occasions to corporate events. Catering for all needs, no event is too great or too small. Formed in 2004 the company has an ethos to support local communities and charities whilst reducing the impact on the environment, surroundings, and supporting other local businesses and organisations. We have 5 employees and these increase up to 50 in peak event seasons.
Current Good Practice
Since Achieving ‘Silver’ status in 2010, How Can We Help You? Has pushed forward to implement its agreed action plan. No areas of legal non-compliance were identified during the Gold Level visit, and further actions have been agreed to take the company forward and further-reduce its environmental impacts. Some key continuing areas of good practice aimed at preventing pollution and reducing the impact on the environment include:
- Sourcing products from local suppliers where possible to reduce our ‘food miles’
- Measuring our carbon footprint and setting targets to reduce this on an annual basis (reducing by 3% through 2011)
- Using a renewable energy provider.
- Reducing the amount we send to landfill by recycling food waste, paper, cardboard, glass, cans, plastic, tins and recycling our printer ink cartridges for charity.
- Using eco friendly products where possible, including cleaning products.
- Reducing our use of new resources by purchasing recycled products wherever possible.
- Communicating our environmental policy and ethos to all our employees, including contract staff, and encouraging and supporting personal initiatives they may take in this area.
- Actively demonstrating our strong social responsibility ethic, donating 10% of catering invoices to charity – ‘Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity’ is the main beneficiary.
Progress checked by Green Achiever at 6 & 12 month intervals.
Ongoing from April 2011
Monitor energy use and continue to reduce electricity and gas consumption and carbon footprint (maintain 3% reduction & aim to increase further in 2011)
Ongoing to new premises obtained
Review options for reducing environmental impacts in planning stage of new premises – to include
- Installing energy saving equipment
- Options to reduce water usage
- Considering location for impact on fuel usage
Ongoing from May 2011
Consider options for further promoting HCWHY green credentials with new services, review of seasonal food menus and possible use of ‘Sign up to’ email marketing. HCWHY also to communicate updated Environmental Policy to all suppliers, contractors and visits.
Ongoing from April 2011
Obtain Transfer Notes and Waste Carriers Licence details for all companies and waste removed from current and new premises.